Rethink juice processing for better, sustainable products
As a global leader in ingredient distribution, we offer a full range of juice, fruit and vegetable processing enzymes from Novozymes, a world leader in innovative and sustainable biotechnology. Our portfolio of juice processing enzymes provides a range of fermentation, mash, filtration and clarification technologies that help increase juice yield, improve clarity and stability, and optimize process efficiency and capacity. Explore how we are supporting innovation through juice enzyme distribution so you can produce a higher quality, healthier juice.
Enzymes for all fruit and vegetable juice applications
All fruits and vegetables contain various high molecular substances, such as proteins and carbohydrates, which are detrimental to juice extraction and clarification. Juice enzyme solutions are not only beneficial processing aids that ease the breakdown of starches, pectins, hemicelluloses, celluloses and proteins – degradation of these substances is only possible by using enzymes.
As the backbone of juice making, enzymes are the only processing aid that can be used multiple times during the juice making process. These powerful aids are suitable for all fruit juice types, including apple, pear, stone fruit, grape and berry, as well as for vegetable processing such as olive oil production.
Serving Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) and Latin America now.
Distribution begins April 1 for the U.S. and Canada.
Enzymes are essential to fruit and vegetable processing
- Novozymes’ enzymes for apple and pear juice production work in mashing and clarification.
- For berry and grape juice production, we have enzymes to improve your mash and juice treatment processes.
- In tropical and citrus fruit production, these enzymes are effective in mashing, clarification and oil extraction.
- In olive oil production and vegetable processing, enzymes improve viscosity reduction, tissue maceration and color extraction and deliver a range of other benefits.
- Our enzymes for processing of frozen and canned fruit maintain fruit firmness, integrity and rheological properties.
- In other fruit processing applications, our enzymes break down fruit to help you get the most from your raw materials.
Download our brochures to learn more about how specific enzyme solutions are applied in fruit and vegetable processing.
At-a-glance: enzyme benefits for juice makers
Whatever the juice making step, enzymes deliver economical and
qualitative benefits for juice makers. Benefits include:
- Yield and capacity increases
- Clarification and stabilization enhancement
- Filtration improvement
- Healthy substances enhancement, such as beta carotene, etc.
- Increased color extraction
- Clear, stable juices and concentrates
- Complete starch degradation
- Faster production time
- Increased filtration rate
- Reduced waste
- Optimized use of raw materials and improved cost control
Meet consumer demands for clean
Today’s consumers are increasingly aware of their health, wellness and role in helping to conserve the planet’s resources. As clean label products are considered healthier and more sustainable, more environmentally conscious consumers are opting for these alternatives – and juices are no exception.
Together, Novozymes and Univar Solutions are bringing innovative, sustainable biotechnology products to consumers. Read more about meeting consumer demands with enzyme solutions that support clean label.