What are the benefits of macadamia oil?
Macadamia oils are derived from the heart of the rainforests. Rich in antioxidants,
macadamia oil has been used for centuries for skin rejuvenation. Macadamia’s high
palmitoleic acid content is similar to what is found within human surface lipids. As a result of its composition, it absorbs quickly into the skin, leaving a non-greasy skin feel and distinctly benefits dry and mature skin.
When macadamia oil is refined it becomes a highly oxidatively stable emollient, providing superior stability, even in pro-oxidative environments.
Floratech proposes refined macadamia oil called Floramac® Macadamia Oil Refined and the ester Floramac® 10.
Floramac® 10: Botanically-derived silicone alternative
Floramac® 10 is a moisturizing mixture of macadamia esters. It provides formulators with a nature-derived silicone alternative.
It is a versatile and unique botanically derived low viscosity and non-greasy light ester with a dry emolliency and that gives a silky and smooth after-feel like cyclopentasiloxane. It provides excellent oxidative stability, high spreading ability and low slippiness. As Floramac® 10 is a non-volatile compound, it remains on the skin / hair and imparts better hydration than traditional silicones. It thus offers additional benefits of moisturization and conditioning. It has a broad compatibility and solubility profile.
This multifunctional emollient will also enhance the dispersion of pigments and inorganic UV filters and will aid in the solubilization of organic sunscreen actives.
Floramac® 10 is a versatile raw material that can be used in a wide range of applications supported by clinical studies.
|Typical properties||Floramac® 10|
|Composition by INCI Name||
|Refractive index||1.44 -1.45|
*According to ISO 16128
**According to OECD 301B
- Skin care
- Sun care
- Hair care
- Color cosmetics
- Foaming products
Request more information
Floraesters® 10 benefits:
- Nature-derived* silicone alternative
- Readily biodegradable**
- Moisturizing and conditioning agent
- Pigment dispersion properties
- UV Filter solubilizer
- Low color and odor
- Excellent oxidative stability
- Allows for silicone-free claims
- High spread ability
- Low slippiness
Floramac® 10 is a high-efficiency raw material used in a wide range of applications supported by clinical studies, including:
Skin Care Benefits
- Increases skin radiance
- Increases skin hydration
- Effectively removes make-up
- Silky, smooth skin finish
- Low viscosity silicone alternative
- Consumer preference
Hair Care Benefits
- Provides hair shine and heat protection
- Reduces dry and wet comb force
- Provides hair conditioning functionalities similar to silicone
- Does not weigh hair down
- Increases hair shine
- Excellent pigment wetting and dispersion agent
- Provides higher color saturation (due to better pigment wetting)
- Enhances the dispersion and solubilization of UV filters
- Boosts SPF of inorganic sunscreens
*According to ISO16128.
** According to OECD 301B