What is a natural solubilizer?
A solubilizer is a molecule with hydrophilic and lipophilic parts which help to dissolve poorly soluble substances in a solvent like fragrance or essential oil in water-based formulation.
Natural solubilizer is composed of hydrophilic parts derived from sugar (cane or beet) like EcosenseTM serie & EcosenseTM SL 60 serie, amin acid like glutamate or combination of choline, phosphate and glycerol like Emultop™ Velvet IP and lipophilic part generally derived from fatty acid of vegetable oil.
PEG-free and nonionic solubilizer made from 100% naturally derived raw materials for fragrance and essential oil.
Poly Suga®Mulse D9 is a PEG-free, nonionic fragrance solubilizer made from 100% naturally derived raw materials. It is hydrophilic, freely soluble or dispersible in water, and soluble in varying degrees in organic liquids.
PolySuga®Mulse D9 is used for oil-in-water (O/W) emulsification, dispersion or solubilization of fragrances and all types of oils. It is compatible with nonionic, cationic and anionic surfactants and is effective in systems with relatively high levels of electrolyte, acid, or base.
Poly Suga®Mulse D9 is an excellent solubilizer for fragrances in water-only and water-and-surfactant systems.
Poly Suga®Mulse D9 compares favorably to ethoxylated materials (such as Tween® 20 and PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil) in both ease-of-use and use levels. PolySuga®Mulse D9 may also be used as a co-emulsifier in the formulation of creams and lotions.
- INCI Name: Sorbitan Oleate Decylglucoside Crosspolymer
- Clear liquid
- Solids: 65.0% – 68.0%
- HLB : 12-13
- Natural origin index (ISO 16128) : 1
- Readily biodegradable : Yes
- Fragrance solubilizer in all systems
- Perfumed waters and essential oils
- Deodorants and after shaves
- Skin care products
- Shampoos, hair gels
- Body washes
- Household cleaners
- 100% naturally derived
- EO-free, 1,4-Dioxane free, PEG-free
- Solubilizes a broad range of lipophilic substances in pure aqueous or aqueous alcoholic systems
- Offers excellent performance comparable to benchmark PEG-free solubilizers
- Stable over a broad pH range
- Easy to handle; cold or hot processed
- Freely soluble in water
- Minimal impact on color; no impact on odor in final formulation
- No impact on viscosity on the final formulation