What is a bio-polymer?
Biopolymers are produced by cells of living organisms. Cell produces biopolymer by creating covalent bond between natural monomers. Biopolymers are classified following the nature of monomer: polynucleotides, polypeptide and polysaccharides.
It can be obtained by extraction from plant, bio-fermentation or chemically reproduced.
It can be use as:
- Sclerotium gum
- Cellulose microcrystalline
or optimize by hydrolyzing like:
- Hydrolyze corn starch
or by grafting chemical functionality like:
- Esterified starch
- Starch ether
- Cellulosic Ether
- Alkyl Polyglycolides
MaizeCare™ Clarity Polymer: The clarity you want & the performance you need in a sustainable hair styling product
Consumers are increasingly becoming aware of the benefits of natural and organic ingredients which has fueled the demand for more sustainable hair styling products. MaizeCare™ Clarity Polymer is bio-based and biodegradable with film-forming properties that provide a non-tacky feel on touch when styling.
The corn-based ingredient can be used as a high-performing fixative polymer that offers curl retention, hair stiffness, carbomer compatibility for crystal clear formulations.
|Typical properties||MaizeCare ™Clarity Polymer|
Hydrolyzed Corn Starch
|Appearance||Off White Powder|
Listed in the catalog of cosmetic ingredients
|Typical use level||
- Hair styling: spray, gel, wax
- Hair care: leave-on conditioner, rinse-off condition, shampoo for curl definition and retention
- Make-up for long-lasting color
Request more information
- Styling agent for crystal clear hair gels and pump sprays
- Ideal solution for formulators seeking environmentally friendly ingredients
- Cold water formulation process
- Aqueous solution forms a natural film on the hair
- Ability to achieve a range of hold levels with excellent aesthetics
- Imparts styling durability
- Excellent humidity resistance and curl retention over 12 hours at 80% RH
- and acceptable curl retention at 90% RH
- Compatible with synthetic and natural rheology modifiers
Natural Positioning & Regulatory
- Natural source
- Plant origin
- ISO 16128
Performance data: Curl Compression/Hair Stiffness