A Versatile Conditioning Solution
As part of a high-performance portfolio, SoftCAT™ SX-400X conditioning polymer is recommended for strong to extra-strong conditioning formulations targeting hair types that need extra conditioning such as extremely curly and frizzy hair. In some formulations, it outperforms cationic guar in depositing actives such as silicones. It is recommended for use in shampoos with our without silicones.
SoftCAT™ Polymers are based on a cellulosic backbone derived from natural renewable wood and/or cotton sources.
SoftCAT™ conditioning polymers make it possible to deliver active ingredients that rinse off easily and evenly, leaving hair soft, smooth and ready to style. The range of Dow conditioning polymers can help customers meet all performance and cost targets, from light to intense conditioning, and low-budget to highly-saloon- professional haircare options.
Discover SoftCAT™ Polymer SX-400X
It is part of the newest generation of premium performance cationic conditioning polymers. These polymers are especially useful in managing hair types that require volume control and extra conditioning, such as unruly, difficult-to-manage hair or for Asian hair types. It's viscosity is 300-500 cPs for a 2% solution.
- INCI Name: Polyquaternium-67
- Appearance: White low viscosity emulsion
- % Nitrogen: 2.0-2.2%
- Charge density: High
- Viscosity (2%, aqueous solution): 300-500 cPs
- Sulfate-free shampoo 2-in-1
- Clear system
SoftCAT™ Polymer SX-400X Benefits:
- Hair softness, smoothness and manageability without build-up
- Delivery of active ingredients in rinse-off formulations
- Can be used in clear formulations
- Greater emollient deposition, silicone deposition efficiency that traditional cationic polymers
- Similar to SoftCAT™ SX-1300X with lower molecular weight to mitigate viscosity build
- Bio-renewable (partial)