Award-Winning Bio-derived Biodegradable Sun Protection
SunSpheres™ BIO SPF Booster is a biobased SPF booster from Dow made through the process of acid hydrolysis of wood pulp. This innovative new product works by a light scattering mechanism that offers effective UV scattering attributed to its high refractive index due to its high crystallinity, crystal size and agglomerate size.
SunSpheres™ BIO SPF Booster works as a natural SPF booster, functioning with both organic and inorganic UV filters with demonstrated in-vitro and in-vivo SPF boosting performance.
In addition to SPF Boosting properties, SunSpheres™ BIO SPF Booster also functions as a multifunctional ingredient, delivering stabilizing, thickening and shear thinning benefits.
- INCI Name: Microcrystalline Cellulose
- Appearance: White/Off White Powder, Micron Size
- Natural Origin index: 0.97 (In accordance with ISO 16128 guideline)
- Recommended Use Levels: 1-3%
- High Refractive Index (1.51 – 1.56)
- High Crystallinity (>70%)
- Single Constituent Particles
- Daily Wear Creams, Lotions
- Creams, Lotions
- Foundations, Concealers, BB Creams
SunSpheres™ BIO SPF Booster Formulation Benefits
- Hydrophilic easy-to-use powder
- Compatible in bio-based formulations
- Compatible with both inorganic and organic UVB and UVA actives
- Allows reduced amount of UV filters in formulations
- Excellent in aesthetically pleasing formulations
- Suitable for sensitive skin formulations