A novel, patented multifunctional ingredient and dispersing agent ideal for sun care, skin care, and color cosmetics
HallBrite® BHB is effective as a sunscreen actives solvent, inorganic pigment wetter, emollient, moisturizer, and carrier. A low viscosity liquid of high polarity with elegant slip and feel, it is useful as a solvent and emollient in topical preparations for skin and hair. HallBrite® BHB significantly increases the in vivo SPF performance of sun protection products through the reduction of electron transfer and photoprotection mechanisms.
HallBrite® BHB combines lower potential irritation compared to similar materials, excellent spreadability, added substantivity in the presence of water, and a pleasant, moisturizing skin feel. It is compatible with most lipophilic cosmetic additives, and solubilizes many commonly used active ingredients including oxybenzone and avobenzone.
Its low freeze point (< -25°C) gives HallBrite® BHB the ability to maintain these actives in solution at low temperature. It is an excellent carrier for micronized titanium dioxide, zinc oxide and cosmetic colorants (inorganic pigments).
- INCI: Butyloctyl Salicylate
- Clear colorless to pale hued liquid
- Recommended use level: 2-10%
- Soluble in: caprylic/capric triglyceride, cyclomethicone and dimethicone, isopropyl alcohol, isopropyl myristate, mineral oil, octyl methoxycinnamate
- Insoluble in: glycerin, water
- Solvency of: 4-Methylbenzylidene Camphor (Enzacamene) 10%, Ethylhexyl Triazone <1.8%, Benzophenone-3 (Oxybenzone) 16%
- Beach Wear Sun Care
- Daily Wear Sun Care
- Eye Area Color Cosmetics
- Facial Color Cosmetics
- Facial Skin Care
- Hand & Body Care
- Lip Care
- Tanning Oils
HallBrite® BHB Formulation Benefits:
- Moisturizing Agent
- Pigment Binding Agent
- Pigment Wetter & Dispersant
- Sunscreen Solvent