Multi-Functional Olive based Emollient
Sensolene® is a multifunctional lipid endowed with emollient properties to provide high levels of skin compatibility while providing elegant appearance and texture to the formulation. Sensolene® is composed of a combination of fatty acids that chemically mimics the composition of the skin’s hydrolipidic film, providing physiologically compatibility with it.
Hallstar’s most recent clinical testing provided clear data that Sensolene® has superior dispersing properties for inorganic sun filters (especially zinc oxide) and pigments. Inorganic sun filters that are well-dispersed have more homogeneous films, so are more effective. Well-dispersed pigments means more uniform and intense color.
In addition, our laboratories tested Sensolene®‘s impact on compact powders when it is used to bind/wet the powders. Prototypes containing Sensolene® have a significantly higher drop test pass rate than those without Sensolene®.
- INCI : Ethylhexyl Olivate
- Appearance: Yellow Clear liquid (20°C)
- Use level :
- 1 – 3% as an emollient
- 3 – 5% in o/w emulsions to reduce transepidermal water loss and increase skin hydration, elasticity, resilience and smoothness
- 5 – 10% in foaming bath and shower oils.
- Daily Wear Sun Care
- Facial Skin Care
- Foot Care
- Hand & Body Care
- Lip Care
- Shower Gels/Body Washes
Request more information
- Dermal Moisture Content Balancing
- Emulsion Stabilizing Agent
- Feel Modification/Enhancement
- Moisturizing Agent
- Nourishment and Restructuring
- Shine Enhancing Agent
- Skin Hydration Agent
- Superfatting Agent