Effective Date January 1, 2021
Introduction. Univar Solutions Inc., including all affiliates listed in itsBinding Corporate Rules(BCRs),is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers and suppliers in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Univar Solutions supports fundamental rights to privacy and data protection, as well as compliance with national and international privacy laws.
Personal Information You Provide to Us. Univar Solutions collects your personal information when you create an account, call us, browse our website, use online account tools, report customer service issues, fill out surveys, participate in contests and promotions, or communicate with us in any other way. This personal information may include, but is not limited to, your name and contact information, such as billing address, email address, and phone numbers. We may also collect information about your account and your use of our services, which may include your account number, billing, and payment history.
We may collect information that is automatically sent to us by your web browser. This information typically includes your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the identity of your Internet service provider, the name and version of your operating system and browser, the date and time of your visit, the page linking you to our website, and the pages you visit. We may also obtain data and information about you from third parties, for example, credit information from credit reporting agencies.
How We Can Use Your Personal Information. We have legal obligations in relation to the personal information we collect from you. We comply with these obligations by using reasonable efforts to perform the following acts:
- Keep personal data up to date;
- Properly store and destroy personal data;
- Protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure; And
- Ensure that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Data. The processing of your data may be necessary for the legitimate interests of Univar Solutions or third parties, except where such interests conflict with your interests, rights or freedoms.
Univar Solutions may use your data for the following purposes:
- when you contact us to conduct business with you and for our legitimate interest in communicating with you about our products and services;
- to establish and fulfill our contract with you, whether you are one of our customers, suppliers or potential customers. This may include verifying your identity or identity of your representative, communicating with you, and providing the provision of products and services;
- the data we obtain from the use of our website and its interactions with us may be used for analytical purposes in pursuit of our legitimate interests in improving our products and services;
- to comply with applicable laws and for our legitimate purpose to protect our legal rights. This may include sharing your data with third parties, as described in the section below.
For certain additional purposes, your personal information will only be processed with your explicit consent.
Your Choices. We respect your right to make choices about how we collect, use and disclose your personal information. Where appropriate, you must indicate your choices at the time we collect your personal information. If you receive email or marketing communications, you can "cancel" this service at any time using the unsubscribe feature included in the emails.
How We Can Share Your Personal Information. If permitted by applicable law, we may share your personal information as follows:
- With Our Third Party Service Providers who perform services on our behalf. Our third-party service providers are required to use appropriate privacy protections and may use personal information so only for the purpose of providing services to Univar Solutions. Univar Solutions does not sell, rent or exchange your personal information. Univar Solutions may transfer your personal information outside the country or geographic region in which you are located. When we do this, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are implemented. Where applicable, we guarantee that we will have appropriate data processing agreements in place.
- Transactions and commercial transfers. Univar Solutions may buy, sell, form or otherwise reorganize one or more of its businesses or sell shares or assets, for example, as a result of a sale, merger, reorganization or liquidation. Such a transaction may involve disclosing your information to potential buyers or partners. In this case, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards and strict confidentiality provisions are in place.
We will not use your personal information to send promotional or product advertisements unless you have agreed to receive them.
External Links. Univar Solutions websites may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. Univar Solutions is not responsible for the privacy actions and policies of third-party websites.
Use of Features or Special Areas of Our Sites. Some of our sites include special features such as searches, licensed content, store, or password protected areas. Specific privacy statements may appear on such Univar Solutions websites, including but not limited to our investor and career websites. On such sites, you may be asked to agree to the special terms governing the use of the special feature or password protected area.
Children and AdolescentS Data Privacy. We do not knowingly collect information from children and adolescents to sell or promote our products or services. To submit registration or survey information, visitors must be at least 18 years of age. If you believe that a person under the age of eighteen has submitted personal contact information to Univar Solutions, please contact us immediately at the address listed below and we will make every reasonable effort to immediately remove this information from our databases.
Security. Univar Solutions follows industry standard practices to protect the information we collect and prevent unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of information. These security practices include technical, administrative, and physical protections. Univar Solutions applies appropriate measures to protect personal information held by Univar Solutions from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Univar Solutions takes commercially reasonable precautions to protect the confidentiality, integrity and security of your personal information.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach when you are legally required to do so.
- SSL protection. Some password-protected areas of our websites require a secure connection to your computer. We use an encryption technology called Secure Socket Layers (SSL). A secure connection is maintained until you leave the secure area of the site. Univar Solutions cannot guarantee security in the transmission of personal information over the Internet.
- Password Protection. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your passwords. We have the right to assume that anyone who accesses one of our websites using a password assigned to you has the right to do so. You will be solely responsible for the activities of anyone who accesses our websites using a password assigned to you. You should change your passwords immediately if you notice the risk of your password being compromised.
Retention. Your personal information may be retained by Univar Solutions for the legally required time frame and our internal retention policies. Subsequently, we will securely destroy your personal data in accordance with our internal policies and procedures.
Your rights. Your rights in relation to your personal information include the ability to:
- request access to the personal information we process about you - this right gives you the right to know whether we keep personal information about you and, if we do, to obtain information about the purpose of processing, category of personal data processed, with whom we share personal information and retention periods of such information;
- correct your personal information if it is considered inaccurate or outdated.
- have your personal information deleted - this right gives you the right to request the payment of your personal information, including when that information is no longer necessary to achieve the purposes for which it is processed.
- restrict or objects to the processing of your personal information, in particular when your personal information is processed exclusively by means of
- automated or when the organization relies on its legitimate interests as a legal basis for processing;
- transfer your data in a portable format - this right gives you the right to receive a copy (in a portable and, if technically feasible, readily usable format) of your personal information or to ask Univar Solutions to transmit that personal information to another data controller;
- complain to a competent data protection authority or tribunal;
- withdraw your consent previously provided for the use of your personal information; And
- request that a restriction be put into further processing when there is a dispute regarding the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
If you have created an account or personal profile on one of our websites, you should be able to access and update some or all of your personal information. If you wish to access, update or correct other personal information, please contact us. We may request additional information to verify your identity. In most cases, we will update the information as requested if we have no reason to limit or deny your request as permitted or required by law. However, if we are unable to verify your identity, we may not update the information as requested.
Contact Univar Solutions. To exercise all relevant rights, questions or complaints, please contact Univar Solutions in the following ways:
- Send an email to the Univar Solutions Privacy Program in [email protected];
- Get in direct contact with the Manager appointed by Univar Solutions Brazil, Adriana Comtesse, at [email protected]
- contact the Global Privacy Advisor and Data Protection Officers in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) in [email protected] or send an email to [email protected]; Or
send mail to:
3075 Highland Parkway, Suite 200
Downers Grove, IL 60515
ATTN: Privacy Compliance
Or if you live in Brazil, send mail to:
Rua Arinos, 15 - Pq. Indl, Agua Vermelha
Osasco - Sao Paulo
ZIP Code 06276-032
ATTN: Manager – Adriana Comtesse
If you are a resident of one of the member countries of the European Union, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of the European Union (or EEA) where you work, live or where any alleged violation of data protection laws occurred.
California,California. If you are a California resident, you have the right to request and obtain annually information about personal information (if any) that Univar Solutions may have disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the previous calendar year at no charge. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that have been shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with whom
Univar Solutions shared information in the calendar year immediately prior. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing through the contact information above.
Turkey, turkey. If you are a resident of Turkey in accordance with the Turkey Data Protection Act, your privacy rights also include the following:
- to request notification from third parties to whom personal information is transferred, if your personal information is corrected, deleted or destroyed;
- to claim compensation if you have suffered damage due to the illegal processing of your personal data.
Brazil. If you are a resident of Brazil in accordance with the Brazilian General Data Protection Law, your privacy rights also include the following:
Confirmation of the existence of processing of personal data; Access to personal data; Correction of incomplete, inaccurate, or outdated data. Anonymisation, blocking or deletion of unnecessary, excessive or non-conforming personal data; Deletion of personal data processed with the consent of the holder; Information on the possibility of not providing consent and on the consequences of the negative; Choice of format for receiving information(electronic or printed); Request for review of decisions taken solely on the basis of automated processing of personal data affecting your interests (including decisions designed to define your personal, professional, consumer and credit profile or aspects of your personality); Ensure that the procedures for the processing of your personal data are carried out in an easy and free of charge.