Powerful cleaning ingredients for a variety of surfaces
Our expansive HIC hard surface cleaning portfolio is a full line offering of surfactant, chelant, silicones, polymers, preservative and specialty products, to meet your formulation needs. We partner with industry leading suppliers to bring you the latest technologies for multiuse, effective cleaning products. Below is a list of key ingredients to consider, but if you don’t see something you’re looking for, please visit our product finder or contact us.
Need formulation inspiration?
View our latest Hard Surface Cleaner formulation.
Click on an ingredient to learn more, and request a quote.
- Sodium Metasilicate
- NaOH 50%
- Soda Ash
- Versene 100: Strongest, most versatile, and widely used chelant for controlling metal ions over a broad pH range in aqueous systems. Versene 100 is stable under widely varying conditions of temperature, acidity, alkalinity and the presence of other chemicals.
- Versene 100XL: Manufactured to high purity specifications. Designed to limit impurities such as NTA (<1000ppm) and Glycolate.
- Amylase: Nature’s catalyst for breaking up starches in food stains.
- Calcium Chloride: Takes the edge off very strong chelants in concentrates.
- Propylene Glycol: Complexes Enzymes away from attack when in concentrate. Dispels on dilution.
- Sodium Borate: Complexes Enzymes away from attack when in concentrate. Doubles as formula builder.
- Zemea 1,3 PDO: Complexes Enzymes away from attack when in concentrate. Dispels on dilution.
- Acusol 820: Rheology modifier/stabilizer with unusually high aqueous thickening and stabilizing efficiency. Can thicken solutions containing high levels of surfactants at low pH.
- Acusol Pro: An anionically charged, water soluble polymer that enables the formulator to develop streak-free, hard surface cleaners that provide for superior grease removal, and make next-time cleaning easier, without contributing to build-up
- Mirapol Surf S110: Wide range pH polymer additive that aids in spot free rinse, easier cleaning, improved water sheeting and faster drying.
- Polyquart EcoClean: Naturally derived surface modification polymer, biodegradable. Anti re-soil benefits.
- Met 10U: Extremely Versatile Stripping/Cleaning Solvent that rapidly deploys to surfaces. Emulsifies or couples.
- d-limonene: Legendary Degreasing Solvent, with some Stripping Properties. Emulsifies or couples.
- P series Glycol Ethers: Environmentally and Toxicologically Friendly Co-Solvents for Insolubles and Fragrances. Allows for Versatile Formulations on Varieties of Soils. Great Wetter.
- Bio-soft LFS-07: can often replace alkyl polyglucoside surfactants in cleaners due to its excellent low film/streak performance.
- Bio-soft DR-13: effective degreaser, wetting agent, and solubilize
- Ecosurf EH-6: Excellent wetting and hard surface cleaning; Low pour point / Narrow gel range; Faster dissolution time
- Ecosurf LFE-635: Excellent cleaning and degreasing of hard surfaces ; Markedly improved low foam performance
- Mirataine H2C HA: Compatible with anionic, cationic, and nonionic surfactants. Excellent choice for hard surface cleaners due to its stability in highly acidic and highly alkaline systems. Rinses freely without leaving a residue.
- NOVEL 810-4.5: Alcohol Ethoxylate. Emulsifier and wetting penetrant, exceptional oil and grease performance. HLB 10.5 Great handling. Low streak. Great rinser.
- Rhodapon OLS: Excellent wetting agent for hard surface cleaners which also aids in reduction of spotting and streaking.