Zinc borate for fire retardancy
Firebrake® ZB is a unique zinc borate that combines the best of zinc and boron oxides with water release. Use it to develop fire-retardant formulations processable up to 290°C. Firebrake® ZB can be fed to extruders, calenders, or injection molding equipment, much like other solid polymer additives.
- Firebrake® ZB releases its water of hydration at temperatures exceeding 554°F (290°C), so it can be used in systems that require high processing temperatures
- Refractive index similar to that of most polymer systems, so it retains considerable translucency and enables the use of low pigment loading
- Used as a flame retardant, char promoter, afterglow and smoke suppressant, and anti-arc agent in polymer systems
- Depending on the base polymer used and the fire protection standards that need to be met, Firebrake® ZB can partially or completely replace other fire-retardant additives such as antimony oxide
Firebrake® ZB is a white, odorless, powder. A completely reacted zinc borate that is distributed homogenously throughout the WPC. When stored under normal conditions of temperature and humidity, Firebrake® ZB is chemically stable and shows no tendency to cake.
- Granular Firebrake® ZB Zinc Borate
- Fine Firebrake® ZB Zinc Borate
- Extra fine Firebrake® ZB Zinc Borate
- Small bags
- Fire retardancy